Montalcino Historic Mansion | Tuscany
“Nestled in the green Siena countryside, this historic Tuscany villa is a prestigious 14th century building with swimming pool, luxurious interiors and glorious views of the Ombrone valley. A daily maid and chef service guarantee a relaxing stay.”
This historic Tuscany villa consists of 3 units built around the central courtyard. Each unit has beamed ceilings and antique furniture. In addition to this, all the bedrooms have air conditioners. The main house can accommodate up to 8 people. On the ground floor you will find the big and elegant living room with fireplace, dining area, library and TV. Close by you will also find the fully equipped kitchen and a guest cloakroom. Furthermore, the same floor has a double bedroom with en-suite bathroom. On the first floor you will find a beautiful drawing room with fireplace, and two bedrooms, each with en-suite bathroom. The first bedroom also has a private terrace, and the second an African style and an en-suite bathroom with Jacuzzi. On the second floor is the last double bedroom with en-suite bathroom of the main house.
The guest house can accommodate up to 4 people and is composed of a living room with dining area and fireplace, a kitchen, two double bedrooms with direct access to the garden and two bathrooms (one is en-suite). The pool house can also accommodate 2 people in a double bedroom with fireplace, panoramic terrace and en-suite bathroom. In the same building you will moreover find a small gym.
This historic Tuscany villa is surrounded by 4 hectares of private land, consisting of fields and woods. The outstanding garden offers unforgettable views of the river Ombrone valley and of the Tuscan hills. The garden of the property also has many places to relax, such as the outdoor lounges in the courtyard or the splendid gazebo near the pool, dominating a landscape of stunning beauty. Sun beds and towels, enough for 14 people, can be found around the panoramic swimming pool. The house moreover has a kitchen garden, where you will be able to pick fresh fruits and vegetables.
Included in the rental is a 3,5 hour morning and 1 hour evening housekeeping service. Bed linen and towels will be changed mid week. Breakfast preparation is also included as well as a welcome dinner and a cook service for either lunch or dinner. The pool is open from April 20th to September 28th. Extra services are available upon request such as extra housekeeping, laundry service, a cook for the second meal of the day, grocery shopping etc.
Located in the heart of the country that produces the wine Brunello di Montalcino, this historic Tuscany villa was an old customhouse, whose central tower dates back to 1400 AD. Furthermore, four hectares of gardens, fields and woods surround this property. It also offers glorious views of the hills of Siena and Maremma countryside. Attending the Palio di Siena in the first row, tasting the best wines of Chianti, enjoying the thermal baths of Petriolo, the Abbey of Sant’Antimo or the medieval towns of Pienza and San Quirico d’Orcia – these are just some of the activities at your fingertips from the villa. The property also features a panoramic swimming pool.
The listed prices are for groups of up to 8 people; for larger groups, please contact us via email.
- Palio di Siena. Well in advance you can book a historic terrace with a view of Piazza del Campo, the square of Siena where the famous horse race takes place twice a year, on July 2 and August 16.
- Horse riding can be arranged in the close Farma-Merse Natural Park or in the ravishing seafront Natural Park of Uccellina, in Maremma Toscana.
- Thermal baths and massages. The antique Roman Baths of Petriolo (Terme di Petriolo), still offering natural remedies for the skin and for rheumatic pains, are at a 15 minutes drive from the property. With a 20 minutes drive you will reach the luxury Budda SPA of Bagnaia.
- Golf & Tennis. The splendid 18 holes golf course of the Bagnaia Resort is nearby, and the tennis courts of Paganico are at about 20 minutes by car from the property.
- Private visits to the historic palaces of Siena. Book a visit of two of the most prestigious historic palaces of Siena, on Piazza del Campo, where the famous Palio is held.
- Wine tasting. Private visits to some of the country houses which produce the best Italian wines.